La-Teh · La-Kopi (a Silver Arts programme)
This newly introduced component in Silver Arts will feature interactive performances across numerous genres at multiple intimate venues.
Café Melba will host two sessions of performances on 2 and 16 Sept, featuring interactive dance and cultural performances.
Caffe Pralet will be hosting two sessions of La-Teh · La-Kopi on 9 and 23 Sept, featuring interactive musical performances and a short art and heritage trail of Tiong Bahru.
Grassroots Book Room will be hosting a session of La-Teh · La-Kopi on 16 Sept, featuring a traditional music performance, film screenings and a short heritage trail of Bukit Pasoh.
Alzheimer’s Disease Association (ADA), in collaboration with NAC, will be organising a musical performance on 5 Sept and a drumming session on 19 Sept at Crossings Café and Makarios Café respectively. This series is to provide a fresh change of environment for caregivers and seniors to enjoy themselves.
# This programme comes with light refreshments and a token sum of $5 will be collected at the door
**This programme is intended for audience aged 55 & above.
· Cafe Melba: 90 Goodman Road Goodman Arts Centre, Block N #01-56, Singapore 439053 (http://www.cafemelba.com.sg/contact)
· Caffe Pralet: 17 Eng Hoon Street #01-04 Eng Hoon Mansions, Singapore 169767 (http://www.creativeculinaire.com.sg/Creative-Culinaire-Location)
· Grassroots Book Room: 25 Bukit Pasoh Rd, Singapore 089839 (http://www.grassrootsbookroom.com/?location)
· Crossings Cafe: 55 Waterloo St, Singapore 187954 (http://crossingscafe.com.sg/location/)
· Makarios Cafe: 100 Victoria Street, The National Library Building, #03-01, Singapore 188064 (https://www.facebook.com/makarioscafe.dramacentre)
About Silver Arts
Silver Arts is a national platform that advocates the meaningful possibilities seniors have in the arts. Organised by the National Arts Council (NAC), the event aims to show that old is gold when it comes to the arts. Helmed by seniors, artists and community organisations, Silver Arts, an annual event offers opportunities to enhance the well-being of seniors through developing creativity and facilitating self-expression. Culturally-relevant content will be co-created, and at the same time, seniors can share their stories as well. These stories can help shape our future, and forge better inter-generational understanding. Into its fourth edition, this year’s Festival will take place over four weeks from 1 to 27 September at more than 30 locations island-wide to encourage widespread participation.
For more information, visit silverarts.nac.gov.sg
- The event description was updated. Diff#109408 2015-08-11 10:07:16
[ Wed ] - [ Wed ]
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM SGT
- Various Cafes
Wed 2 Sep 3pm @ Cafe Melba FULL Sat 5 Sep 10am @ Crossings Cafe FULL Wed 9 Sep 3pm @ Caffe Pralet FULL Wed 16 Sep 3pm @ Grassroots Book Room FULL Wed 16 Sep 3pm @ Cafe Melba FULL Sat 19 Sep 10.30am @ Makarios Cafe FULL Wed 23 Sep 3pm @ Caffe Pralet FULL
- Venue Address
- Various venues Singapore
Silver Arts (NAC)449 Followers